Guess what? Diana over at Brilliantly Novel recently nominated me for the Liebster Award! I was so excited, because Diana has been a loyal reader of the blog, and I really appreciate hers as well. Go visit her!
Thank you, Diana, for nominating me! I knew nothing about this award, but liked what I found. Here are the rules, as Diana shared on her blog:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Display the award somewhere on your blog.
3. List 11 facts about yourself.
4. Answer 11 questions chosen by the blogger that nominated you.
5. Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
6. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think deserve the award and who have less than 1,000 followers. (You may nominate blogs that have already received the award, but you cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.)
7. Go to their blog and inform them that they’ve been nominated.
Eleven Facts About Me:
- I love ballet and started dancing pretty seriously between the ages of 17 and 23. I still take some dance classes, but ballet and modern are my favorite.
- I learned about cooking and baking from my grandmother who actually had a cooking show on local television when my dad was in middle school.
- I love cats and have an idea in the works for a time travel cat fantasy (it will be different from Time Cat by Lloyd Alexander)
- I’m obsessed with traveling and actually love to travel solo (though love it with other people too!)
- I’m hoping to live in the United Kingdom one day.
- Gummi bears are my favorite candy.
- I met my best friend in the 4th grade and though we moved away when I was in the 5th grade, my best friend and I wrote letters to each other for the next eight years! Then, we went to our first year of college together!
- I wrote one of those wallpaper covered books in 2nd grade and was given the “Best Plot” award.
- I plan to own a Steiff teddy bear one day.
- I enjoy creating wacky videos with my friends, and made one in which I am a donut researcher visiting a local donut shop.
- I like to read multiple books at the same time!
Eleven Questions from Diana:
If you could take a vacation in any fictional world, where would you go?
This would have to be Avonlea of the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery. I’m fascinated by the world of Avonlea and think it would be delightful fun to spend a holiday there.
What is one book that you’ve always wanted to read, but haven’t?
Probably a book called No Name by Wilkie Collins—I love Wilkie Collins’ books—he and Charles Dickens were friends actually. I have several of his that I have been meaning to read, but just haven’t gotten around them yet!
What two characters make up your favorite fictional couple? What book are they from?
I would have to say Henry and Clare from The Time Traveler’s Wife!
More and more authors are posting playlists of songs that they listen to while writing a book. Are there any songs that remind you of a book that you’ve read?
This is a creative question! I listen to a lot of jazz actually, and there is a track by Charlie Haden & Michael Brecker called “American Dreams” and it actually reminds me a bit of The Time Traveler’s Wife because the song contains a sort of haunting melody that gives off a theme of loss but also hope….
People are always asking about who your favorite heroes/heroines are, but who is your favorite villain/bad guy?
Another great question! So I just finished Dorothy Must Die and I would have to say Dorothy because she is really really bad….
If you could ask one author any question you wanted, who would you pick and what would your question be?
I would pick Cornelia Funke who wrote the Inkheart trilogy and I would ask her if she ever gets any of her book ideas from dreams she has had, and if so, could she share a dream she had that she pulled an idea from!
What is your most anticipated book of 2014?
As of now, I think my most anticipated book is Prisoner of Night and Fog, but it was Dorothy Must Die earlier (though it just came out!).
In the event of a disaster, if you could only save 3 books, which ones would you save?
Anne of Green Gables, The Time Traveler’s Wife, The Woman in White
What is one book that you read before you blogged that you would like to reread and review?
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher!
If you could pick the perfect cast, what book would you like to see turned into a movie and/or TV show?
My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares!
Would you rather have to survive a zombie apocalypse or be a tribute in the Hunger Games? Why?
I would survive a zombie apocalypse because I think I could learn pretty fast how to outsmart the zombies, but I don’t know if I have the stamina to deal with the gamemakers in the Hunger Games arena!
The blogs I nominate are:
Beth @ Living a Goddess Life
Elisabeth @ The Dirigible Plum
Emily @ OhMagicHour
Leah @ The Pretty Good Gatsby
Moonglint @ A Kernel of Nonsense
Rachel, JoyBeth, and Julianne @ Girls in Plaid Skirts
Risbee @ Flutters and Flails
Selah @ A Bibliophile’s Style
Eleven Questions for my Nominees:
- If you could only recommend one book to someone, what one book would you recommend?
- When you read, do you drink tea or coffee?
- What character from what book would you most like to have dinner with?
- What is your favorite book in the time travel genre?
- What series do you wish had one more book?
- What is your favorite childhood book?
- Which of these bookish occupations would you choose? Bookseller, librarian, editor, literary agent, or writer?
- There are fairy tale reworkings galore: Cinder, Scarlet, Zel, Cruel Beauty, etc.—Is there another fairy tale or a classic that you think should be re-written/re-worked as a YA novel?
- What book do you think should never have been made into a movie?
- Do you mostly buy books or borrow them from the library?
- What author would you most like to visit your blog?