Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors in 2013
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Here are my Top Ten new favorite authors for 2013—though some of these books were not published in 2013.
- Cristin Terrell: You may have read my review of the time traveling All Our Yesterdays. Definitely looking forward to more of her work!
- Rae Carson: I just started Carson’s trilogy with The Girl of Fire and Thorns and I’m hooked by the fantasy world she’s created. Upcoming review on this one!
5. Felix Palma: Here’s a pick from my adult reads. I read Palma’s The Map of Time: A Novel and couldn’t put it down. If you are into time travel fiction, you must pick this up.
6. Veronica Roth: I finally read Divergent (Divergent Series) in 2013! Insurgent (Divergent, Book 2) (Divergent Series)
immediately followed, and very recently, Allegiant (Divergent Series). If you ave not read this trilogy, you should definitely get a hold of the books before the movie release next spring! 7. Lisa Graff: An author for the younger grades, her newest book, A Tangle of Knots is a 2013 favorite.
8. Michael Cox: Another adult pick, The Meaning of Night: A Confession is a Victorian mystery, and reminded me of Wilkie Collins. Currently reading the sequel!
9. Chris Grabenstein: Any booklover will appreciate Grabenstein’s newest book, Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library. Had so much fun with this story!